Thursday, October 23, 2008

A whole lotta cold goin on..

Hi Family! So I thought I'd hop on to give a quick update. Cat and I are doing pretty well over here in NJ. Recently I had a chance to go and hang out with the actual members of NazRock! We had a good time, ate at the Golden Arches, and I got to see the progress on the Kitchen and living room remodeling. It looks like the makings of what will be a wonderful space for food, family and friends.
It's getting cold. But it's wonderful to see summer into fall, into winter, and back into spring.
Cat's busy. Very busy. There's a lot going on. December 7th is her Recital, a Recital that will live in infamy, no doubt. She's working hard with two Choirs, including the world-famous Westminster Choir, which is recording an album this year. Last week we headed into New York. She had an audition with Diamond Opera Theatre, the same company I did Red Carnations with last Spring. After her Audition they hired her on the spot, asking her and I to present a recital on Valentines day, 2009. Naturally, the theme will be famous love arias and duets. It's a wonderful opportunity, and we love any reason to go up to the Hudson NY area. It's gorgeous up there.
In other semi-exciting news, things have been looking up for me. My official weight loss since June is now at 34 lbs. We have both set goals for ourselves, and are both doing great. I recently finished a production of a Vienesse Operetta called Sari.
It was a fun little production, and I recieved many complements from peers. Mom and Dad, Jose Melendez, a guy I often refer to, is the gentleman sitting down. I work with him quite a bit. Later this month I'll be a guest singer at a Faculty recital for Neumann College her in Philly. Jose will be playing for that.
Also exciting, I just found out I will be flown to Sardinia, the island off the coast of Italy, to sing in several concerts, participate in masterclasses in November. I will be spending Thanksgiving there, so sorry Wells fam as I will be there singing Italian favorites. It's a daunting task, having to sing Italian songs to Italians. But I'm looking forward to the opportunity to travel, be heard, and see a beautiful piece of the world. Cat will be back in CA spending thanksgiving with her Dad, Brother, and family. I'm sure she'll want to see every one of our side as well. She's already talking about it.
I've got to get to Church rehearsal. Things are busy out here. We miss everybody and think about you guys a lot. I'll post again soon, as things are ever-changing around here these days. God bless you family.

3 comments:

Mrs. Ives said...

CONGRATULATIONS to both of you on everything! That is all really exciting! Wow!

Debbie said...

Pat and Cat, This is all awesome news!! We are so proud of you two! I'm already told Anthony we're heading to Hudson for Valentine's Day! Best wishes to you both.

Love, Deb

Kate, Tim & the boys said...

It sounds like you both are doing great! We are so excited for you. We will be thinking about over Thanksgiving, Pat! I am pretty sure we will be in Prescott AZ this year for Thanksgiving, so we may miss Cat. I will call you guys and see what we can arrange.
Talk to you soon, Love you both,
Kate