Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy to be back

Okay family!!! We hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving! I'll look forward to seeing pics up of CA and Chi-town celebrations. I am back in the USA and happy to be here. This Sunday is a big deal for the Patrick Laytons. The BIG news is Cat's junior Recital! This Sunday evening at 8pm. She is sounding better than ever, and family is coming from CA, friends from Boston, and she has an amazing dress. This is her recital poster. She did it herself.This is a picture she took of her campus during spring of last year. I'm excited to see her perform for friends, family, and faculty. That morning I'll be the guest artist at Akiko Hosaki's church. We're doing the Messiah. It's one of two Messiah's I'm scheduled to do. The second one is on the 16th, with Cat also a soloist. It should be recorded, and hopefully we'll have some of that to share with you by Christmas.

I was sent some performance pics from Sardegna. Thought I'd share a few:Gianluca soloing during 'O sole mio', in our second concert at Iglesias.For the encore, I did a piece which is loved by all of Sardegna. It was recieved very well.A final bow...Gianni on the spot... In our final concert, I asked my new friend Gianni to join me in singing the Island's beloved song, Non potho reposare.Gianni is a natural on stage. The people loved him... all nine.

We're thinking we may be able to make it back to CA the weekend before Christmas, or sometime there-in. I'll keep you informed of the happenings with that. Love you all!

No comments: