Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Last day, and thoughts

So my final day in Sardegna was spent with Yali, Karen, and Gianni. We left Assemini in the morning, and drove about an hour and a half to the ruin of the nurahgese people. Old structures assembles 1700 bc, and very immense.Notice the staircase at the very top of the main structure in the background. This thing was immense. All built with stone. No mortar or cement. Just stone placed on top of stone. We visited two such places. Below is the view from that staircase. Probably 60 feet above the previous picture. It was quite an experience to have been inside a strtucture as old as the pyramids. After touring the Nuraghe, and a quick and tasty lunch at a random restaurant, we headed back to Assemini. There we had a beautiful dinner cooked by Liliana and Carlo. It was our final night.We ate, drank wine, ate, and drank, then toasted our trip. It was a fine end to a trip I didn't expect to take. So much more happened on this trip than just a few concerts. It was a good experience, I made some very close friends. I hope it's not to long before I am able to return to see them. After an emotional goodbye, and a long, delayed plane flight, I'm back in NJ. Back to my wife, and happy to be home resting. Tomorrow, rehearsals, coachings, starbuck's, and performances. Tonight, rest.

No comments: